Attention shopaholics: the Great Northern Sale is back! Next week, on July 13 to 15, SM North EDSA will hold another blockbuster mall-wide sale event, with discounts of up to 70% on selected brands.
If you’ve been wanting to update your home or wardrobe, or your gadgets even, or maybe you’d like a very early start on your Christmas shopping, this is the time to do it. I hope to find good stuff on sale in Forever 21, Mango, Guess, Kamiseta and Bayo. I’ll be on the lookout for my staples- jeans and short-sleeve shirts and blouses.
As a regular SM North EDSA passerby, I know that this supermall can be very crowded during its sale events. To avoid being frustrated by the crowd, here are some things to do to make the most of your shopping time.
- Make a wish list of items that you need or want to buy. Think before you buy. While it’s great to score huge discounts, do you really think you’re saving money when you’re not even sure if the item you’re eyeing will be used more than once, if at all?
- This is a huge mall. Have a shopping plan. Know what shops to go to beforehand. If you go to this mall on a regular basis, or if you have the time to spare, try to visit your favorite shops before the sale dates and find the stuff that you like. Try on those clothes and shoes that you’d like to buy and know your size. This will help you save time and effort finding stuff, and avoid the long lines to the fitting rooms during the sale dates.
- Pray that the clothes and shoes that you fitted for size, along with other stuff that you like, will still be available during the sale. The store might change the merchandise to be offered for the sale event.
- Try to go on the first day, in the morning, to get first dibs on the items on sale. And to still enjoy your shopping experience.
- Carefully inspect the items you’re going to buy before lining up to the cashier. Avoid the hassle of having to return items because of some defect.
- Even the dining establishments get crowded on sale days, especially the fast food joints. Schedule your dining breaks during non-peak hours.
- If you must bring your little kids, never ever let them out of your sight.
- Secure your belongings at all times.
- Keep your cool. Be patient with the sales staff and with fellow shoppers.
More info on the following links:http://www.facebook.com/smnedsa http://www.twitter.com/smnorthedsa http://www.sm-northedsa.com/ Please share your comments / questions on the comment box.